Zed Press, the WordPress plugin that allows you to show your Zazzle products on your self-hosted WordPress website, is now available. You can purchase it now using the button at the end of this post.
Please note that Zed Press requires a free secondary plugin called Titan Framework. This is downloadable via the WordPress plugin directory and Zed Press will ask you to install it when you first activate it. It is used to make the Options System in the plugin work. I could bundle Titan Framework with the plugin however after some beta testing everyone agreed keeping it separate meant Titan could be updated separately which was better for security updates.
If you do not like the idea of installing this other small plugin please do not purchase the plugin. It is required for Zed Press to work and it will not work without the Titan Framework active.
What Has Changed?
I have included as many options from the original Z Store plugin as possible, but some options are no longer available simply because they are outdated and now unsupported (image sizes, grid sizes) or they have been replaced by different options. Here is a list of options no longer available and if they have been replaced or removed.
- Image Size: Is adjusted automatically with the amount of space each product has available based on items per row.
- Grid Size: Automatically calculated based on the number of items per row and the space available for the entire grid.
- Grid Cell Color: Adjustable via custom CSS if required.
- Google Analytics: Left out as you can install a GA plugin into WordPress and having one in this plugin could cause confusion and conflicts.
- Sorting: Available via shortcode option but not yet available via a field for a visitor to select. Will be added in a later update.
- Show title/price/image: Use the Custom Template feature to choose what data is output.
Sorting is really the only option that is not yet available that I plan to add soon.
I will be making tutorials in the near future showing some ways you can use the advanced features like Custom Templates and Custom CSS to change how the output looks. If you have any requests please let me know in the comments.
There is a converter plugin available if you used the old ZStore plugin. You can download it alone below if you wish to try it out. Please note the converter plugin is fairly simple and does not require the Titan Framework like the main Zed Press plugin does.
Be sure to check out the Zed Press documentation. It contains information about all the options, how to use some of the more advanced options and also some screenshots of the admin page and the output as well as installation instructions.
Before You Purchase
Some important notes before you reach into your wallet/purse.
- Zed Press requires the Titan Framework. It will be requested to be installed from the WP Plugin Directory upon the activation of Zed Press.
- Installation will need to be via the ‘upload plugin’ button in the WordPress dashboard or via S/FTP. Instructions are in the Zed Press documentation.
- Plugin updates will need to be manually installed too. Instructions are again in the documentation.
If you are fine with all of this please go ahead with your purchase.
I did not implement auto updating as it complicated, requires an update server, and some sort of authentication/key system to prevent people just finding the update url and downloading the plugin… It would add too much cost in the end.
When purchasing via Gumroad please make sure to leave your email address as I will send update notification out via Gumroad
Purchase Zed Press
You can use the code
zedpresslaunch to get 25% off during the first week of launch (until 14:00 UTC Wednesday March 15th 2017). Just click the button below to purchase via Gumroad, you can enter the code at the checkout.
Disclaimer: Zed Press is in no way associated with or endorsed by Zazzle.
Refunds: A refund may be given within 14 days of purchase. Use the contact form to contact me if a refund is required.