The term ‘Return True’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
General Website Terms
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
WordPress Maintenance Terms
WordPress Maintenance is given on a rolling monthly/yearly basis. You may cancel the maintenance at any time, but pro-rated refunds are not available. Instead maintenance will continue to be carried out until the end of the term already paid. This is the same for both monthly and yearly. Purchasing the maintenance is an agreement to this and there are no exceptions.
Invoices are normally in GBP but can be requested in any currency. USD conversion available on the maintenance page is approximate and is updated daily. The actual cost may vary slightly depending on the exchange rate at the time of invoicing. The converted cost only shows the approximate cost when paying a invoice made out to GBP. Payments in GBP are taken via Stripe by default but can be taken by PayPal if preferred. Payments in any currency except GBP will be taken via PayPal, you do not need a PayPal account to use that service. The cost of maintenance packages may be slightly different than the amount shown on the website when requesting an invoice in any currency except GBP, this is due to differences in the exchange rate used by PayPal.
In all cases, monthly and yearly, maintenance will renew until you cancel. However it can be agreed in advance if you would only like to use the service for a small amount of time. This is agreed on a case-by-case basis.
Monthly Maintenance Cycles: Monthly cycles start on the day the invoice is issued and last until the same day the following month non-inclusive. For example, your maintenance invoice is issued on the 19th February, your maintenance will continue until the 18th March. A new invoice will issued on the 19th March to ensure your maintenance continues uninterrupted.
Yearly Maintenance Cycles: Yearly cycles start on the day of the invoice and last until the same day the following year non-inclusive. For example, if your invoice is issued on the 2nd of January 2017 your maintenance will continue until the 1st of January 2018. A new invoice will automatically be issued on the 2nd of January 2018 to make sure your maintenance continues uninterrupted.
Non-Payment: In the case of non-payment during the maintenance cycles I will continue to maintain the website for 1 week after the due date of the payment, after that point maintenance and backups will be stopped. Once payment is made maintenance will be resumed as normal. This assumes you have not already emailed me to cancel the renewal of the maintenance service.
Note: Automatic payments are now available. If you wish you can now save your payment details when paying your first invoice. After that payment will be taken automatically if you wish. Manual payment is, of course, still available if you prefer it. All payment services are provided by Stripe and Wave.